Vegan Chocolate Cake
Another recipe from the amazing Jen. This time its a velvety smooth chocolate cake. The recipe is designed so that the cake can be shipped.
- 200 ml Soya Milk
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp (generous) Vanilla Essence
- 80 ml Melted Margarine
- 100 g Melted Dark Chocolate
- 200 g Self Raising Flour
- 200 g Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- .5 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch Salt
- 100 g Marg/Trex
- 300 g Icing Sugar
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a jug.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl until fairly uniform (no big lumps)
- Tip the wet into the dry and combine fully as quickly as you can without over mixing
- Straight into a pre lined tin
- And into the over quick, helps the rise the quicker you can be.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Don't open the over until at least 30 minutes!
- Mix the marg or trex into the icing sugar a little at a time to form a stiff icing.