Another guest blog by the lovely Katie from The Duck Pond.
Easy and Delicious Vegan Banana Bread
It’s fairly rare in our house that bananas go uneaten long enough to be really really ripe, but if you can keep your family’s hands off them, using up ripe bananas in this delicious gooey banana bread is the way to go. It also makes the house smell amazing AND it’s healthy to boot!
It’s really easy and quick to make, is ideal if you’re cooking with children who like to help you in the kitchen, and because it’s refined sugar-free I’m happy to give it to my brood any time of day, unlike some other cakes I’ve been known to make, which I like to keep all for myself!
3 large, very ripe bananas
75g sunflower or rapeseed oil
225g plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
1Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees (gas mark 6).
- Mash the oil and bananas together, and add the maple syrup if using.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and raisins and mix well until you have a thick batter-like mixture.
- Grease a loaf tin (mine is 21cm x 11cm x 7cm) and put the mixture into the tin.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes then cover with foil and bake for another 20 minutes, or until a knife or skewer comes out clean.
- Turn out of the tin and eat it warm straightaway with dairy-free ice cream, enjoy as a snack on its own, pop a slice in the toaster the following day and serve with dairy free spread and/or peanut butter for breakfast – you get the idea, anytime is a good time.