This Coconut Loaf was one of the 12 cakes used in the Shelter 2020 Fundraiser. The recipe comes from the star student Russell. Not only is it a deliciously moist Coconut Loaf but it’s also a gluten free version!
- lined loaf tin 30 x 12 x 8cm
- 175 g unsalted softened butter
- 175 ml coconut milk
- 290 g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 100 g desiccated coconut
- 225 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 80 ml coconut milk
- desiccated coconut as much as you fancy
- Preheat the oven to 160c (fan oven)
- Mix the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs
- Add the coconut milk, flour and baking powder
- Fold in the desiccated coconut.
- Transfer to the lined tin and cook
- Once cooked, skewer all over, pour over the coconut milk then sprinkle the desiccated coconut.